I Hate My Husband

OK, I don't actually hate my husband. I love my husband. He's a great and wonderful man. But any woman who has ever had an "imbalance" in her hormones will understand what I mean. Whether it's that time of the month, the time of "the change," or in my case the first trimester of pregnancy, hormones are to blame for the many mood swings and bad attitudes women and their close ones experience. I swear to you the nausea, the vomiting, and the feeling of a tidal wave crashing onto the walls of my stomach makes me so irritated and aggravated pretty much everyday. And ohhhhhhh, the smells of certain things makes me want to yak. I hate the smell of cooked ground turkey, which just so happens to be one of the only foods my husband eats. Why am I so mad at him? Because he did this to me! He purposely knocked me up and here I am dealing with the "joys of motherhood." On top of that, I wasn't planning on having anymore children for awhile... Especially not this soon. We just got married in April, and BAM!! A baby on the way in May. 

But the icing on the cake is he has my "symptoms." Oh really? You ate an entire box of ginger snaps and slept an extra hour and now I'm supposed to empathize? Ha! How about you take over the nausea and vomiting and I'll take the over eating and sleeping. How many times have you thrown up this week? I can't even brush my teeth without feeling queasy. How many pairs of your jeans don't button anymore because of your growing uterus? How many cup sizes have you gone up since this whole process has begun? I'll wait..................................................................................................... Exactly.

The first trimester is usually the worst because of all the preparations the body is making to accommodate this new passenger. I feel like I'm going from a Ferrari to a dang minivan. Everything gets on my nerves and I just want to be left alone most of the time. But when your a mommy and a wife that is almost impossible. No matter what you need, you always have to consider the needs of others, it just comes with the titles.

I admit, I am a lean, mean pregnant machine. I'm extremely bitchy, cranky and sometimes just downright evil. If I didn't have such a patient, loving husband I'd be all those things plus divorced. So maybe temporarily I hate my husband. But hang in there dear, only about a week and a half to go before I'm out of this funk called the first trimester. 

Comments

Popular Posts