Queen & Slim


This is not a spoiler alert. If you're African American or Black and have seen the movie Queen & Slim, this is for you. I'm a feeler, therefore I had to write out my feelings immediately after leaving the show. I will not give a summary or synopsis here. If you're curious about the movie, you should check it out. As I'm writing this blog, the time is 11:12 pm CST. My show started at 8:20 pm. Fresh thoughts are being extrapolated from my mind to this post while Lucky Daye serenades my ears with his hit Roll Some Mo'. 

I'm a sucker for love. I've admitted this a billion times. I'm especially a sucker for Black Love. To see the melanin swirling between two spirits who are intertwined on multiple levels does something to my soul. To get lost in the presence of someone you deeply care for is priceless. Time stands still, and no one in the world exists but the two of you, you only have his or her air to breathe.

Hands caress chocolate skin as smooth as shea butter. The heat between bodies is warm enough to melt lavender scented soy wax candles. Kisses are wet and warm and perfectly placed on shoulder blades, ears and lips. The smell of black soap mixed with a soft scent of lavender oil and tea tree oil. His mustache hairs tickle her neck. Curves welcome his eager hands. Gripping and grasping. Heavy breathing and hearts racing. A chemistry only true lovers can share.

An immortal love. Love transcending realms. Holding hands eternally. Caramel vanilla mocha hands clasped between midnight fingers as we fall asleep on a bed on love. Siamese twins as we spoon after love was made on all four corners of the world.

I'm a sucker for a good love story. I'm a sucker for love. Thanks for the inspiration Queen & Slim.

Comments

Popular Posts