New Relationship Recap Month 9

I've never been great at relationships. Although this time I am trying. It takes nine months to create life. But, bad choices and natural causes can lead to still birth or miscarriage. 

I chose to keep in contact with old flames. Disrespect and dishonesty will always lead to hurt. I take full responsibility. 

There's a blessing in every lesson. As I type this, I don't feel like in my heart of hearts that this is the end. However, I want to stay transparent on this journey. 

It is better to be honest in the beginning about how to deal with communicating with exes. Is that something that is acceptable in your relationship? How would you feel if the other person was still conversing with his or her ex? The choices we make for ourselves, selfishly, affect others.  There was no cheating or romantic side flings involved. But the principles of our relationship were jeopardized. Respect and honesty, broken. 

Was it worth it? No. I hate the feeling of hurting someone I love.  

As they say, love prevails. We decided to move past this hiccup and continue on. I am so grateful for grace and forgiveness. I must remember to extend this same grace if the shoe is ever on the other foot.

We celebrated our continued union in New Orleans. He's back working out there for a few weeks so I drove down. I wasn't thrilled about the five hour drive, but we agreed to enforce a zero complaining policy for the weekend. I knew it was going to be a great weekend. I just didn't know how great of a weekend it would be...

The first sign of a great weekend was how everything on my end was perfectly aligned with everything on his end. From the time of departure and arrival, to the time he got off work. From the outfits and colors I chose on a smooth shopping trip, to the drive straight through with no stops. My hair and nail appointments were perfectly timed. My eyebrows were able to be fit in as well. The only brick wall was getting my cycle the morning I was heading out. That's alright though. That left no room for having any slip ups and unexpected pregnancies.

Upon arrival, I could tell he was in a rush. I thought he had a reservation for us somewhere. We stopped at Walmart and he made a few small purchases. I couldn't see what he'd bought because I was in the rest room cleaning my dress (another sign of alignment). Once we got in the car, he asked me to put on a blindfold. No one has ever blindfolded me before! I was nervous and excited! Naturally, all of my other senses became extremely heightened.

I had no idea where we were going or what he was up to. I soaked up the experience, enjoying each second as it came. He guided me out of the car after we parked. I could not see a thing! All I heard was what seemed to have been a train. I grasped his thick muscular shoulder as we ascended a few stairs. I bumped into what I thought was the door of a train. At that point, I thought we were going on a romantic train ride/dinner. But then we entered an elevator.

Once we got onto the elevator I knew it couldn't have been a train ride. After we finally reached the destination, he told me to takeoff the blindfold...

I was standing in the doorway of a luxurious hotel room in Downtown New Orleans. 

There were fresh rose petal trails from the door to the bathroom and all around and spread across the bed.

He proceeded to run me a bubble bath filled with rose petals.

He'd bought an expensive bottle of red wine.

He surprised me with this beautiful hotel room, in between working 10 hour shifts for six consecutive days.

That's love. No excuses. No bullshit. Pure love.

And it was all just for me.

Month 9 has revealed our strength and our growth. Next up, our first Thanksgiving, our first Christmas, our first New Year's celebration, and then our 2nd Valentine's Day...


Comments

Popular Posts