New Relationship Recap Month 10

 


It's almost been an entire year since we became a couple. Deciding to walk through life together.  Committing to one another. Choosing to love one another the best way we know how, and the way the other person needs to be loved. Creating our own space, and learning what love looks like to us. Accelerating with each challenge we overcome. Taking the lessons we've learned from our past relationships and life experiences in order to sustain our love. 

This first year has been a challenge to the both of us. Our different experiences from childhood to adulthood has shaped our expectations and points of view about relationships. We both have ideas and feelings about what a relationship should or should not look like. In month 10, we have finally learned to accept those differences and be more understanding of the other persons' thoughts and feelings.

We now know how to get over disagreements without threatening to break up. We are getting into a flow that will last for a lifetime. I saw glimpses of this when we first started dating. We've always had a natural chemistry. When we are together there is no pressure to be anything but ourselves. However, being together inspires us to want to improve collectively and individually. Since we've been together he has improved in many areas. I have also made strides in certain areas because of observing his patterns and successes. 

This year has gone by so quickly, but it has been so fulfilling. The growth has been tremendous and I am so glad that I've been recording my thoughts about it since the very beginning. 

I never thought that I could be so happy with myself while I was with someone. I never knew that I could lead and follow at the same time. I never believed that I could be in a healthy committed relationship where I could be myself, be silly and free, and fun. 

With our chemistry, team work and growth together, we have what it takes to last a lifetime together. Everyday we get closer. Each day we put in the effort and the work to create an oasis for one another. I know each year will get smoother and we will continue to grow stronger together. There's nothing like having someone in your corner no matter what. Someone to encourage and motivate you, someone to reveal to you your flaws and help you become a better person. Someone to make good love with. Someone to make you feel special. Someone who consciously decided to choose to spend the rest of his or her life with you. 

I'm in love. 

Comments

Popular Posts