Shooter

 Do I want to harm any human beings in any type of way? Not at all. Will I protect the lives of myself and my child? Absolutely. I recently posted on Facebook that I was in the process of obtaining my CCW. Many people were unclear as to why I posted that information and why I wanted a permit to carry a concealed weapon. People think of guns as bad things. People think of women with guns as taboo. Well, I've nicknamed myself the Queen of taboo. I desire not only to own a tool, but to gain the knowledge of using it properly, cleaning it properly, and storing it properly. I don't want to own a strap just so I can cock it side ways and play a gangster role.

 Empowering women is one of my passions. What better way than to let it be known that as a woman living on her own with a child, I made the decision to learn to protect us if our lives are ever threatened. A CCW class isn't a gun giveaway. It's a very,very, very long course that informs one about the proper handling, usage and concealing of a weapon. In addition to firing the weapon at a gun range. there's a test that you must pass, and you have to have a background check done in order to become certified.

There are thousands of laws in regards to exercising the 2nd Amendment. By obtaining my CCW, I've committed myself to bearing arms responsibly and only using force when my life or the life of my child is ever seriously threatened. Because I have a right to carry a concealed weapon, it DOES NOT mean I can shoot at any one or anything at anytime. It DOES NOT mean I will pull out my weapon under any circumstances aside from a life threatening situation. I am responsible for the weapon, for the ammunition in the weapon, and for the securing of the weapon in my home. It will be locked up at all times in a safe. I know first hand how dangerous a situation can become when guns aren't locked up. I have a two year old son...

These days, you never know who is watching you, or planning to attack you, or is simply plum crazy. I will not be out in these streets with nothing more than a cell phone to protect myself during a time of danger.

I truly wish that more people would educate themselves on how to use a gun properly. So many accidents occur because any idiot can pick up a gun and play Set It Off without even knowing what a barrel, bore or cylinder is.

****SHOUT OUT TO BULLSEYE INSTRUCTION****

Comments

Popular Posts