Dean's List



I've been a college student off and on for almost 11 years now. I've attended public colleges, private universities, and community colleges from Cleveland to L.A. Now that I'm nearing the end of my college career, I'm going out with a SHA-bang!


At Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C) during my second and final attempt at successfully completing my associate's degree. I practically lived on the Dean's list. I made the list 3 out of 5 semesters that I attended. At BW however, I plan on camping out on the Dean's list forever. All I have to do is maintain a 3.6 GPA every semester. I'm now certain that I've earned all A's this semester YES!! I'm not sure what my current GPA is, but I'm confident that it's at least 3.6.


Because I'm older with a son, I feel more motivated to do my best and dedicate a massive amount of effort to my studies. I know the benefits of hard work. You most definitely get back what you put into any task, project, or plan. I know how talented, skilled, and smart I am. I also know that many of you are paying for my education and welfare. I want you all to know that I am working my @ss off and that your tax dollars are not going to waste. And once I'm stable, I will pay it forward by helping other young men and women get on track in education, parenting, and life. Thank you.


I know that I am limitless. I know that the only one who can stop me from being the best is me. I am not afraid to aim high in regards to my academics, career and personal growth. I love pushing myself beyond my comfort zone. It builds my self esteem when I can set a challenging yet attainable goal, and then reach it. With my personality, it fuels me to want to dream bigger.


For example, I wanted to be the commencement speaker for my high school alma mater for 5 years. When I finally stood behind that podium before the 2015 graduating class, it was surreal. After giving the greatest speech of my life, I was inspired to reach higher. Now I have a new goal. I want to be the commencement speaker at a Tri-C commencement within the next 5 years. Then I want to come back to Baldwin Wallace and speak at one of its commencement ceremonies. Ultimately, I would love to write a poem for the Obama family, and perform it for them on national television. Why not dream big? You never know what will happen.


Excelling academically is important to me. Getting my degree means more than hanging a piece of paper on my office wall. It's an accomplishment. It signifies dedication. It's proof that I put my mind to something for 2, 3, 4, or 5 years and successfully followed through with my vision. I'm so proud of myself for my commitment to excellence. I want my son to be able to brag about how smart, beautiful and successful his mommy is. I want my son to know that he is the reason why I am.

Comments

Popular Posts