Top Ramen


910 milligrams of sodium, thiamine mononitrate and monosodium glutamate (MSG). Sounds yummy right? If you've ever ripped open a small, square brightly colored package of top ramen, you've ingested these ingredients before.

I have inhaled innumerable amounts of what my family calls "noodles" or "oodles of noodles." Yes, I am guilty of eating this quick and easy classic college meal. What can I say? They are dirt cheap, convenient and take only three minutes and a pot of boiling water to cook. I've been eating ramen noodles since I was a kid. However, after a strange encounter on yesterday, I'll probably never purchase them again.



Yesterday was a productive day. I dressed professionally in a black pencil skirt, with a nude silk top. I laced up a nude pair of strappy four inch heels, and lightly decorated my neck, wrist and ring finger with subtle accessories. I swept my blond hair neatly down my shoulders. I looked like a Hollywood financial consultant, or the editorial chief of Vogue magazine in Manhattan. I decided to view a few extravagant homes to ignite my inspiration. I'm in the planning process of purchasing my first home next year. So, I visited several open houses in a prominent upper class neighborhood. Champions Forest has some of Houston's most beautiful homes. I walked into a half a million dollar house and felt right at home.



I was looking great, feeling good, and beaming inside out. After fulfilling my inspirational real estate cup, I took a trip to the local Aldi grocery to pick up a few things. I strutted up and down the aisles seaching for this and that. I picked up a bottleof Malbec and my meal ingredients for the week. I spotted a 12-pack of top ramen, and out of familiarity, tossed it into my cart...




Comments

Popular Posts