Learning to Love Him Pt. 3


Another secret that I've learned about love is: it begins with self. The more I love and appreciate me, the easier it is for me to love and appreciate others. When I forgive myself, I can easily forgive others. The more understanding I have of me... You get it. As I learn to love him, I draw from the love I have for myself.

When you make the choice to walk side by side with someone, it's because you love him. Love isn't some easy stroll through Central Park in late spring. When you love someone you must walk through storms, hurricanes, floods and fire together.

Love is giving a smile and a kiss even when you don't feel like it. Love is choosing to make him breakfast even though he upset you the night before. Love is giving second chances when he makes a mistake. Love is showing grace and mercy when you have the power to be destroy. Love is choosing not to say hurtful words. Choosing not to retaliate, humiliate or seek revenge. Love is holding on tightly to his hand, and never letting go.

Many women I know have walked away from relationships because they were too proud, or too selfish to walk with their men when the strong tides and tests rolled in. Many of them are single, unhappy, and still holding men to try to meet unrealistic expectations. That's not love,in my opinion. I'm not saying love is constant heartache and pain, but it comes with the territory.

My lessons have taught me that when you find someone you love and enjoy, someone who makes you better, someone who makes you better, and puts forth effort to make you smile, you hold on to him. For the next 34 days, I will be fighting for mine, because he's worth it and I love him.

I am an achiever. I am ambitious and driven. When I set a goal, I accomplish it. My relationship goals are no different from my academic and professional goals. This time around, I will NOT lose. No letting go and no holding back. I will hang on to my love, and he will live happily Melo after. :-)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts