Learning to Love Him Pt. 2


If you're familiar with the five love languages, you know that we all speak love differently.

What made him fall for me was acts of service. Of course we all know that most men have physical touch as their number one love language. However, performing an act of service landed his heart in my hands.

I offered to help him organize his bachelor pad, back when we were working together at a hip Indian fast casual restaurant called Choolaah. I came over. I cleaned his apartment. It was history in the making.

There was always something about him. He had an air of mystery that still intrigues me to this day. He has so much greatness inside of him and it oozes out of his pores. He never has to say much to be the center of attention in any room he walks into. However, when he does open his mouth to release his introverted treasures, he speaks life.

He is the most intellectual man I've ever met, and he hasn't even finished his PhD yet. I was looking at our old pictures on Instagram, and he is a manifestation of the innermost parts of me. I love how he freely and openly expresses himself through his art and personal style. He is artistic and eclectic. His body is a canvas. His brain is a flower. His taste is exquisite.

I appreciate how he sticks to what he loves. He's a sneaker head. He collects limited edition sneakers, mostly Jordans. I like that. We all have a "thing." Collecting and sporting crispy, trendy, spotless shoes is his thing. I dig that.

He's a poet like me. He's linguistic. He has an eye for beauty. He only accepts the best, which explains why he loves me.

He teaches me new things and challenges me to think. He is a teacher. I'll never forget when he taught me how to properly eat sushi. We were at a restaurant called Wasabi with his mom, and he schooled me. I can't wait to see how he refines my palate, not only with culinary arts but in our overall human experience. 

He's the man who is in the penthouse suite of the five star hotel in Miami. He's the man who orders the Waygu steak medium rare with mushroom risotto and a Manhattan. He's so fancy and I love every minute of it!!

Is he perfect? We both know the answer to that. Is he perfect for me? The future will reveal.

Comments

Popular Posts