Applauding Myself for Conquering the World

I just landed back into the states from visiting my 12th country in less than a year. I've visited Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Oman, Qatar, Sri Lanka, Montreal, Kuwait, India, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Brazil and Malaysia this past year. In 2017, I studied abroad for three weeks in Ghana, West Africa. In 2008, I spent a few weeks in Koge, Denmark. I was dating a man who playing basketball there. That was my first time flying. I remember applying for my passport. I took the passport photo at the CVS/Pharmacy photo center where I was working. You could actually smile in your passport photo back then. The first flight was from Cleveland, Ohio to Chicago, Illinois. I recall a nice lady who let me have the window seat when I told her it was my first time flying.

Since then, I've been on hundreds of flights. I've crossed the seven seas a dozen times. I've taken off, landed, and watched the flight attendants do their choreography. I've experienced smooth flights with female pilots. I've prayed with my eyes closed and hands clenching the arm rest while soaring at 30,000 feet going through turbulent air. I've gasped as we plopped back down to the ground with a rough landing. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Here for a reason, because I'm still here.

It takes much bravery, responsibility and risk to travel the world. I just wanted to give myself a gentle reminder of my awesomeness. So should you...

Comments

Popular Posts