For Women Only!!



DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A DOCTOR OR PHYSICIAN AND I AM NOT MAKING ANY RECOMMENDATIONS. I AM SIMPLY SHARING WHAT WORKS FOR ME. IF YOU HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS OF A YEAST INFECTION GO SEE YOUR OWN PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN IMMEDIATELY.

Any woman who has ever had a yeast infection knows how irritating, aggravating, and devastating they can be. I remember getting my first yeast infection when I was pregnant with my son. I had no 
 idea what was going on. I thought it was an STI and was ready to confront my husband LOL! However, yeast infections are very common during pregnancy, before a menstrual cycle, in women with diabetes, and women who swim often. 

What is a yeast infection?

According to WebMD.com:

"Yeast is a fungus that normally lives in the vagina in small numbers. Avaginal yeast infection means that too many yeast cells are growing in the vagina camera.gif. These infections are very common. Although they can bother you a lot, they are not usually serious. And treatment is simple. Most yeast infections are caused by a type of yeast called Candida albicansA healthy vagina has many bacteria and a small number of yeast cells. The most common bacteria, Lactobacillus acidophilus, help keep other organisms-like the yeast-under control. When something happens to change the balance of these organisms, yeast can grow too much and cause symptoms. Taking antibioticssometimes causes this imbalance. The high estrogen levels caused bypregnancy or hormone therapy can also cause it. So can certain health problems, like diabetes or HIV infection. A yeast infection causes itching or soreness in the vagina and sometimes causes pain or burning when you urinate or have sex. Some women also have a thick, clumpy, white discharge that has no odor and looks a little like cottage cheese."

***As women, we don't often openly discuss the issues with our vaginas. The vagina is a magical and sensitive place. We must teach our daughters, nieces, cousins, and friends the importance of feminine hygiene.***

How do I treat a yeast infection? 

A few months ago I had a yeast infection and used Monistat 1. It's an antifungal insert that you leave inside of your vagina overnight. Although it healed the infection, I hated that treatment because it was messy, sloppy, and disgusting. I could feel the medicine oozing out, and it soiled my underwear. After that, I vowed to learn how to treat my yeast infections naturally.

After a long day of riding an airplane, and sitting in a hot humid climate while on the way to Houston, I started to feel some discomfort down below. Assuming it was a yeast infection I decided to treat it before it became a full fledged catastrophe. I drank apple cider vinegar throughout the day, and cranberry juice as well. I also slept without any under garments on in order to let my vagina breath or "air out." After a few days my symptoms dissipated and I was back to normal.

Other natural cures include garlic, tea tree oil, and acidophilus pills. While natural cures take a bit longer than OTC treatments, they are my preference. I mean, what did our ancestors do before Monistat was invented? Ladies let's make sure we're taking good care of our vaginas. It shouldn't be a taboo topic. The vagina is the birth canal of life, and for our husbands, heaven on earth LOL! I think there should be more appreciation for the vagina, and those with honor of  possessing one.

Have a great vagina day!


Comments

Popular Posts