The Ramp Up

Today is the day I start preparing my body for the 21 day detox I'm starting on Friday July 1st. It's called the "Ramp Up." During the Ramp Up, I'm pre-cleansing my body and starting to eliminate sugar, red meat, processed foods, caffeine, alcohol, and dairy. Every morning I'll start my day with 16 ounces of hot water, lemon and ginger. I think I cut the ginger too big this morning, but it was my first time ever cutting ginger. It was way too chunky. I actually used the artificial lemon juice but I'm getting some fresh lemons this afternoon. I'll be drinking one cup of decaffeinated herbal tea every night as well.

This morning for lunch I packed a salad with my own homemade basic vinaigrette, seasoned chicken breast, an apple, some pita bread crackers, and of course lots and lots of water. I should've had turkey bacon and an egg for breakfast, but I wasn't in the mood to cook so I skipped it. (Also, I found out that eggs aren't dairy!) For dinner I'm thinking baked chicken, broccoli and baked sweet potatoes. 

I found a bunch of recipes online and I've mapped out a few meals plans to keep me on track. I've put a lot of thought and detail into these next 21 days. I'm trying to get into the habit of rising a bit earlier in the morning each day. My ultimate goal is 4:00 am. That hasn't quite worked out. I'm not going to torture myself. I set my alarm clock for 4:00 am this morning, and hit snooze as soon as I heard the bell go off. I'm not going to put any unnecessary stressure on myself. However, I do plan on giving it my best for the entire 21 days.

I need to be cleansed and purified. I need to see what messages the Universe has for me. I need to see how a healthy diet affects my mind, body, and soul. I'm learning how important food and nutrition are, in addition to peace, meditation and prayer. I plan to do a lot of writing, reading, and praying/meditating. I also plan on spending more time in silence. 

I'm excited about trying new foods, and even fruit and veggies. Some of the meats I can still eat are turkey, fish, chicken, and even cornish hen. I've never had a lettuce wrap either, or a turkey burger wrapped in lettuce instead on a bun. I'm certain I'll be eating plenty of salads during this time. Cobb salad, chicken salad, tuna salad, grilled chicken salad, and taco salad. The meals will be fairly similar, nut I've been told that the body liked routines.

My ex husband had a very strict diet. I never knew how he could eat the same foods over and over. Every morning he had plain oatmeal, some dry sugar free kashi cereal (looked more like twigs and grass to me), and boiled eggs. For lunch he'd make turkey burgers on wheat bread, with no cheese or seasoning, baked lays, and raw spinach. For dinner it was usually baked chicken breast, brown rice, and raw spinach. He'd drink about 8 bottles of water a day, and I rarely saw him eat sugar, salt, or fat. I still don't know hoe he does it. But he's in shape, his skin is perfect, and he's only been to the doctor once since I've known him.

As I approach 30, things are changing. I heard someone say that humans spend the first 40 years of their lives destroying their bodies and the next  40 trying to repair the damage. These next 21 days will allow me to analyze my diet, habits, and areas that need improvement. It's another way to learn more about me. If you want  to join me, shoot me an email and I'll share the routine, ramp up, 3 day juice detox, and the ramp down.

Sending peace and blessings! Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts