Don't Take It Personal

That is easier said than done. For me, I can effectively exercise not taking things personally when it comes to the insults and opinions others have about me. However, in the area of relationships, I have much more work to do.

When I like a man, I DO take it personally when he doesn't call, text or ask me out as frequently as I believe he should. Yet, this usually happens after giving him the goodies way to soon, but let's not go there.

I get so caught up in my elation over the potential of a relationship, that I tend to over analyze EVERYTHING!

I Take It Personally When:

1.) He doesn't respond immediately to my text messages.
2.) He doesn't answer my phone calls.
3.) I see that he was on Facebook 2 minutes ago, but hasn't text me in 4 hours.
4.) He doesn't say good morning and good night daily.
5.) He doesn't ask me out on a date weekly.

Why? Because my selfishness, ego, and close mindedness cause me to think it's all about me.
He doesn't text me, because he doesn't like me. He won't ask me out on a date because he doesn't want to spend time with me.  He didn't like my Facebook status because he isn't thinking about meMe, me, me. In reality, it has nothing to do with me at all.


I Shouldn't Take It Personally Because:

1.) He has insecurities, issues, and self doubts.
2.) He has his own beliefs and routines in regards to when to call or text back.
3.) He may not feel like being bothered.
4.) He has his own entire life.
5.) He has fears and uncertainties about what how he can add value to my life.

It's not about making excuses for him.

What I take from this lesson is that I'm fulfilled and satisfied with or without his attention. If he gives it to me that's fine. If he doesn't that's cool as well. It all boils down to self love, and how I feel about myself. I am an awesome individual either way. Just because he doesn't shower me with endless lovey dovey texts does not mean that I did something right or wrong. It simply is what it is, or is what it isn't.

Today, I choose to not take it personal. I choose to let it go. We always get the things we don't stress over, so I'm releasing all insecurities and expectations as of this very moment. I will continue to practice the agreement of not taking things personally.

You should consider trying this as well. If the words and actions of others hurt, anger or disappoint you; just let it go. Laugh it off. Don't take it personal.

Comments

Popular Posts