Lyfe Jennings Interview Recap

WOW! Remember that one time I interviewed Lyfe Jennings?! It was such a mind blowing and eye opening opportunity!

Who is Lyfe Jennings?
Lyfe Jennings is a multi-platinum selling American R&B soul singer, songwriter, actor, and reality TV star. He is most recently known for his role on VH1's Love and Hip Hop Atlanta, which exposed his steamy and drama filled relationship with Karli Redd. Some of his most popular songs are: Must Be Nice, S.E.X., Statistics, and Let's Stay Together.

How Did I Land the Interview With Lyfe Jennings?
Ask and you shall receive. I met Lyfe after one of his concerts in Manhattan back in 2008. I've followed his career ever since and stayed in contact with him over the years. When I saw that he was performing in Cleveland, I simply emailed him and asked for the interview. To my surprise, he happily obliged.

What Was He Like?
He was kind and attentive. He didn't make me feel uncomfortable by acting like a stuck up celebrity. He answered all of my questions without hesitation. He even gave me a few compliments during the interview. As soon as he got off the stage, he came and sat down with us for the interview. Every encounter I've had with him has been pleasant.

Will I Be Interviewing Anymore Celebrities?
Absolutely. I really enjoyed learning more about his career and personal life. I truly felt like I was doing something great for his fans. I asked him questions that many of his fans wanted answers to. That's the point of an interview. I'm getting information straight from the source, and delivering it to the people.

I really want to interview Shaquille O'Neal. He seems like an intriguing man. I also would like to interview Mr. & Mrs. Obama for obvious reasons.

What Was My Biggest Takeaway?
The greatest lesson I learned from this whole process is that we are all people. Just because someone is famous or rich, or has a high status in society doesn't mean that he or she is more important than anyone else. If I thought that I wasn't good enough to sit down and talk to a celebrity, I would have been to afraid to step out and ask for this opportunity.

I also learned that nothing is impossible. Once we make up our minds about who we are and what we want, we can do anything we set our minds to. I'm inspired by this accomplishment. Now I want to see how the next opportunity will unfold. I want to test my boundaries and see who I can sit down and talk with next.

I want to encourage you to follow your dreams on all levels. And while you're at it, follow Lyfe Jennings on Instagram and Twitter. IG @lyfejennings Twitter @LyfeOnline419

Stay tuned for my next celebrity interview coming soon! Thanks for watching!










Comments

Popular Posts