STP Boys

In my marketing class I'm learning about STP. Segment, Targeting, Position. STP lets you know exactly who you want to sell your product to. For some reason, as the professor was lecturing, I had an epiphany. Somehow, a bridge between marketing my company and marketing myself as a single woman was built across my mind.

Have you ever heard a newly single person say, "I'm putting myself back on the market"? Well, that's where I'm going here.

For the record, I do believe in the law of attraction, which is why I'm choosing to be single until further notice. These days, if I were to hop into another relationship, this is what I'd attract.

1.) A man who still lives at home with his parents.
2.) A man who is still finishing up his degree.
3.) A man that either doesn't have a car, or doesn't have a car he's completely satisfied with.
4.) A man with a host of gifts and talents, but has not yet figured out how to use capitalize off of them.
5.) A guy who probably works at a low wage job with no benefits.
6.) A man who isn't financially stable.
7.) A man who is looking for a girlfriend because he is lonely, but not seeking a wife (or long term commitment).
8.) A man who may be confused about his feelings for ex girlfriends or the mother of his child/ren.
9.) A man with loads of potential, but hasn't quite reached that point of personal success.
10.) A man with some buried emotional issues.

How do I know the specifics of this man? Because the law of attraction states that you attract what you are...

I have things that I need to accomplish before deciding to bring someone into my life right now. I have feelings I need to sort out before giving away another piece of my heart.

But, it's never too early to plan ahead. Therefore, I've decided to start narrowing down my target audience in regards to type of man that I'd like to date when the time is right.

Now in marketing when a company is introducing a new product, the first question the team will ask is: who's your target audience? The rookie will say EVERYONE! Sorry my guy, not true. The only product that targets everyone is not for sale, like air, sunlight, and water from nature. So, when asking myself who am I targeting as a potential mate, I'll start with men. Then I'll segment that target audience. Please excuse me while I do my own personal STP, right before your eyes...

I want to date men.
 African-American men.
African-American men ages 29-36.
African-American men ages 29-36 with at least a Bachelor's degree.
African-American men ages 29-36 with at least a Bachelor's degree who live in the United States.

I can break it down further and further (segment), until I reach my target which will be something like: African American man. He's in his early thirties. He lives in Texas and graduated with his Bachelor's degree in Sports Management. He's an athlete who works out at least three times a week. He has one child by one woman. He's never been married. He makes over $50,000 per year. He owns a home and at least one vehicle. He vacations at least once a year with family. He's never been in jail. He's heterosexual. He watches ESPN daily, etc. etc. etc.

So instead of saying something like, "girl I just want a man!" I can read her my STP that gives her the type of man that I'll be marketing.

Lastly, is the positioning. If I say I want this type of man, where should I go to meet a man like this? He;s into sports so maybe a sporting event. Perhaps a nice sports bar during a big game. Maybe a lecture event from a famous athlete. Realistically, I could randomly meet this type of guy online, at the grocery store, or anywhere for that matter. However, if I want the best chance at attracting this type of guy I must be in the right position to attack! Or, strike up a conversation.

Get my drift?

Some people may think this is a bit excessive. Some may say that I should just let it come to me and not worry about all the details. I'm open to those concepts. On the other hand, I know what type of mate I'm interested in.

I'm just over preparing I guess. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure right?




















Comments

Popular Posts