Cloudy Skies

What a grey, gray day today. My day started off with a few peaceful dreams, after a great night's sleep. I didn't just sleep, I got some well needed rest. Since my oral surgery I haven't been sleeping very well. But with my son away spending time with his dad, my night was very peaceful. I remember dreaming of a beautiful, cool, refreshing cocktail that was just delivered to my table. It was a martini, the color of island lemonade, and it had a swivel of an orange peel floating inside of it with an olive hanging off a toothpick on the side of the glass. It was the best looking martini I had ever seen and right when I was about to take a sip, my flipping alarm clock went off and woke me up!!!!
What I wouldn't give to have tasted that blissful beverage. I've never been drunk in a dream before LOL.

This morning on my daily 1 mile walk to the bus stop, I was half asleep. I didn't realize how dark 6:30 in the morning was. I started to get a little afraid because I'm not used to taking that long walk alone in the dark. A slight case of paranoia, for what, I asked myself. I only live in one of the safest and most secluded suburbs in northeast Ohio. The greatest threats are deer, squirrels, and the ankle biting pups being walked by the elderly women. But for some reason, even with my knife at my side, I still felt a heightened sense of awareness, which is good. I had this horror movie feeling that something was going to jump out of the bushes and try to "get" me LOL. I know right, very funny.

It was so dark because of the cloudiness. It's been dark and dull all day today. Usually the sun will start to peak out around 7:15am-7:30am, but today, she lost her fight with the heavy hazy condensation. Now it's starting to rain, and I haven't carried my umbrella or my waterproof shoes with me. So I'll be making my 1 mile walk from the bus stop to home in my soggy UGG-ish boots, with no protection from the precipitation. YAY.

I lived in California for a little over a year, and I can only remember rain on two occasions. Living a life that's filled with sunshine EVERYDAY does have a positive affect on ones mood. I appreciate another day on Earth, but the Sun just makes me feel a little better whenever it shines.

Comments

Popular Posts