Painful Blog

This morning I woke up feeling terrible. After getting my son dressed and ready for daycare, his dad picked him up, and offered to keep him until tomorrow. Feeling relieved, I showered, popped a penicillin and oxycodone, and thought about the work I must catch up on over spring break. Many of my fellow students are probably still hung over from last nights partying in Miami or Cancun. Not I, I opted to have one of the worst surgeries ever over my spring break; getting all four of my wisdom teeth removed.

Prior to, I'd heard several horror stories about what this experience was going to be like. For me the worse part is the tugging pain in my lower jaws. I feel like there are horse reigns pulling down hard on the back of my teeth. The bleeding was the most severe the first day, and yesterday I had to suck up the pain because I didn't want to take the pain meds while my son was under my supervision. Thank God I live with my family because my son was all over the house and I did not have the energy to chase him around, but my family made sure he was perfectly fine :-).

Today is the third day, I didn't sleep much last night, too busy tossing and turning, and I had mommy midnight duty of changing Doonie's diaper. Today my jaws are swollen, I have no energy, and I found a tooth fragment in the back of my mouth after brushing my teeth which was scary. I googled it, and that seems to be normal, but I don't remember the doctor or yellow take home note stating anything about random teeth particles floating about my mouth. EWWWWW!

In my case, I needed to get the teeth extracted because there was no more room in my mouth to hold them. They were starting to push my middle bottom teeth together and they would've eventually began to overlap. Also, the ruptured skin in the back of my mouth was catching food which caused swelling and could've caused an infection. So I guess it was best for me to get er' done.

Things like this I wish I would've done before I had my son. I feel so bad about not being able to play with him and read to him with the energy I just had a few days ago. But, hopefully by Monday I will be much better and back to A1 mommy status. Speaking of A1, I'd love to sink my teeth into a nice tender steak, or bite into a warm gooey cheesy slice of pizza! On today's menu, applesauce, pudding, broccoli and cheddar soup, and chocolate ice cream. Yum. Yum.

Comments

Popular Posts