How do you say Szczepanski?

It's a Polish last name FYI. 

The Universe has a way of reminding you that you are indeed on your right path. Things will line up. Unexpected happenings will occur. You'll run into the right people at the right place at the right time. And people you never knew you never knew, will reach out to you all of a sudden... The other day, I was Cc'd in an email from Toastmasters International. Someone was trying to get my contact information. I didn't know who and I wasn't sure why, but Toastmasters in an honorable organization so I wasn't apprehensive about it. I responded to the email, and it was a fellow Toastmaster who had saw my 3rd place speech.

He offered his mentorship, and I accepted. He had made it all the way to the World Public Speaking Championship Semifinals in 2011, and had an abundance of information to share. The best thing about achieving success and greatness is that it is a secret. If great and successful people don't share their knowledge and wisdom, the road map to success remains hidden within them. For my fellow Toastmaster to give me "the secret," was amazing confirmation that I'm surely on the right path to following my dreams.

In our Universe, there are no coincidences. It's seems as though this sign came to me for reassurance. The journey to success is like a marathon. There are no shortcuts, and it will be challenging both mentally and physically. But when you see the smiling face of a loved one, or thousands of cheering spectators encouraging you to push on, you just keep going at your own pace. For me, my fellow Toastmaster was that hand reaching out to me a cool drink of water, and shouting out inspirational words to keep me moving towards the next mile and on to the finish line. 

I saw a picture online the other day. It was one of those side by side pictures that showed two similar pictures, one attached to the other but separated by a pink boundary line. On one side there was a beautiful ballerina gracefully standing on her tip toes in perfect soft pink ballerina shoes. The thick pink lace wrapped perfectly around her ankles and up her calf, as she stood on the blunt square tip of satin shoes.

The other picture showed the same graceful ballerina, but with her shoes off and her feet exposed. Her toes were bruised and bloody. She had bandages on every other toe, and some of her toenails were discolored.

The caption went something like, "everybody sees you when you get there, but nobody saw how you got here..."

I've been reminded to enjoy the process. Focus on the run and not the race. And stop chasing the wrong trophy. Losing is apart of the process. It's a "bump in the contest road." Speaking is my passion and my dream. I'll never give it up. Iron sharpens iron. Thanks Mr. Szczepanski!!

Comments

Popular Posts