On going process

The terms "baby momma" and "baby daddy" carry so much weight and negativity. Usually you can tell what kind of relationship exists between two unmarried parents based on the titles they use to introduce/describe the other one. If the mom refers to him as her "babies daddy," most likely there is drama in their relationship. However, if she refers to him as her son's father, or the son's dad, odds are things are going as smoothly as possible between two unmarried co-parents. One thing I'm learning every year, is that no matter how grown up one may think she is, life is constant evolution. There are lessons in life that have no age or stage limit. Some lessons are an ongoing process. I've heard that the Universe will continue to send you the same lesson/obstacle/struggle/annoyance until you learn from it or master it. I believe that.

I've been experiencing the same technical difficulties for almost two years now in regards to the shaky transition from cohabitational parenting to co-parenting. When emotions and logistics clash, it is as ugly as a head on collision between two drunk drivers. When someone you once had immense feelings for knows how to push your buttons, and does consistently, it becomes a game. The question is am I playing Clue or Monopoly? Do I want to wreck my brain trying to put all the pieces together trying to figure out this individuals motives? Or will I make the decision to slowly conquer everything on the board, and make him pay me rent on every piece of property because I own it?

I've always been a sensitive woman, growing up with little self confidence. I still have some areas of personal growth to improve. I cannot stand being manipulated by others through my insecurities. I hate feeling like the "woe is me" victim. The person I know for certain that is reading this right now, (you know who you are), gave me a "tough love" talk. What I took from the conversation was, toughen up and take control. My strategy thus far, has been horrifically unsuccessful. Furthermore, this #New advice allowed me to understand that silence is sometimes the best option. It's hard to remain silent when someone is attacking your character so viciously that you become unsure of yourself.

One thing I know for sure is that hurt people, hurt people. I have to remove myself from the direct path of those bullets from a childhood I had nothing to do with. My focus is and will continue to be my self, my son, and my success.

Thanks for the pick me up!

Comments

Popular Posts