My Way

Sometimes the best advice to take is either none, or your own. For along time I've taken advice from family, friends, and even the Internet, instead of trusting myself, my heart and my instincts. Often times when you are constantly asking others for advice they begin to look at you as indecisive and unsure. This can cause them to second guess when you finally do make a decision, because if you can't trust yourself, then who can? I find myself being a little too transparent at times. As I've gotten older, I've come to find out that right and wrong are terms that can be easily disputed depending on who you are talking to and what you're talking about. One thing I like about my Dad is like Frank Sinatra, he did it his way.

Life is about taking risks and chances. With every decision we make there are consequences whether negative or positive, and no matter what anybody else thinks, knows, or thinks they know, no one can live my life for me, but me. I don't need approval, and I don't need permission. I like the quote that says, "There are two types of people, those who ask for permission, and those who seek forgiveness." I don't need advice or suggestions or a panel every time I'm making a life changing decision. I trust myself enough to do what's best for me and my baby boy.

I'll be following my bliss and following my heart. What's understood doesn't need to be explained.

Comments

Popular Posts