A Piece of Peace

Dare I say it, but sometimes we all just need a break. A few days away from the kids, a few days away from the spouse, a few days away from the job, or a few days away from everything and everyone. Being an artist, (an ever changing, evolving, blossoming artist) sometimes I need to get my thoughts together and channel my energy in a peaceful way. With an extremely energetic toddler who is getting in touch with his feelings, running around, screaming, throwing things, exploring, plopping on mommy's lap, and eating basically every two hours, collecting my thoughts becomes a bit more challenging. The only tranquil long period of time I really have is the butt crack of dawn, around 4am. At 4am I can get so many things done. The entire house is quiet, my phone is quiet, facebook is quiet, the Earth is pretty peaceful for me at that time.

One morning I woke up at 4, read an entire chapter of Geography, finished some homework, read a bit for personal pleasure and even wrote a few lines in my notebook. 4 am is a super special time for me mentally. However, after I put my son to sleep at 9pm, I usually pass out myself. But lately I've been needing clarity. I've been thirsting for peace of mind and a calm spirit. I don't like to be anxious and unsettled with my thoughts. This is a time for me to recollect myself  through my thoughts, and spend some quiet time with my Source (God). My son will be with his dad for a few days, and I can honestly say that I am grateful, not only for his dad being in his life, but for this time to be by myself.

Any mom knows that "me time" is mandatory. To some it may sound selfish. I can hear people saying "You're a parent, you don't get any days off!" I agree, I'm always a mom. But one thing I've learned is that if I'm not right within, I can't fully give my son all of the love and affection he needs. I'll be taking this time to figure out my next steps as a poet, author, and entry level career woman. I need to realign myself with God's plan for me and continue to flow with His plan. From now on, I am trying to be like water. Strong, patient, refreshing, replenishing, free flowing, constantly in motion taking the shape of whatever path I cross.

These next 6 months are going to be vitally imperative to my future. I'll be finishing my first degree, transitioning to the work force, and possibly relocating to Houston or Dallas. This is a game changing year for me because this year is my last year as a woman-child. God willing, this will be my last year of dependence. I want to have my own place, my own car, my own money. No more welfare, no more borrowing other peoples car, no more living with my parents. I will be a successful, self sufficient adult. I want my son to have his own play room, and be able to eat dinner with just he and I. I want to walk around my place butt nekkid, and let my son rip off his diaper and run around in his birthday suit as well! 27 is one of those ages where you kind of have an excuse for living at home, but you should probably have one foot out the door. I'm determined to give my son a better life and upbringing than I had. And I feel like I need to provide us with our own space to do so. I've given myself a 5 year time frame to get myself all the way together.

By the time my son starts kindergarten I want to be a homeowner, vehicle owner, good credit holder, with a 4 year degree, a flourishing career, an author of multiple books, and have steady and consistent income from various sources. All these things are possible.But it helps to have some time to visualize it, write it down, and figure out my plan of action without being tackled by a toddler whose addiction to Pete the Cat is so overwhelming, that he won't stop repeating that name until he sees those 4 groovy buttons across my tablet screen LOL.

Comments

Popular Posts