Dream Lover

I saw a post on Instagram last night that read, "Your type, may be the reason why you're still single." In my case, there may be some truth to that...

What is my type? When describing my type of guy, I'm only going to speak about physical features. All that other stuff is too complicated. It's too early to dive into the details of traits, habits, and characteristics... Blugh! 

Any who, when it comes to what makes a man physically attractive to me, the first thing I look at is his height. I love a tall man. Preferably between 6'4 and 6'9. He is slim but not bony. He is muscular and athletic. I'm also attracted to men with excessive amounts of melanin. I love dark skinned men with a nice trimmed full beard and mustache. He has full lips, a wide nose, slightly squinted dark brown eyes, and a beautiful healthy smile.

He has a short hair cut with dark hair, but sometimes I'll make an exception on the hair if it is long and straight cascading down his back like Victoria Falls. He is between 225 and 280 pounds. He has a deeper voice, long strong legs, a beautifully defined back, and spectacular abs. He is strong and works out at least three times per week. He is tall, dark, and sort of handsome. I'm not really into "pretty" boys.

If you're not quite sure how to piece together my description, just picture LeBron James. He is a perfect example of my type! He fits my description to the t.

That guy up there in the image does not.

He's a bit on the thicker side of what I find attractive. He looks to be on the shorter side too, and he seems a bit too cheesy. He's a handsome guy, but his features don't do anything for me.

Last night I had a dream about a guy who looked a bit like him. He was short and thick, similar to a football player. He was nice looking but he didn't catch my eye. What stood out about this guy was that he was the perfect gentleman. He was well spoken, wore a permanent smile, and he was pleasantly respectful.

In my dream, he liked me and this other girl. He invited the both of us over to his house to talk and hang out. I guess he was seeing who he liked the best between the two of us. At first we were tied, but then she started talking too much and became controlling. I just sat back and kept fairly quiet. Somehow she disappeared, and he and I started talking.

He was wonderful. He was thoughtful, kind and sweet. My dream didn't last that long in real time, but in my dreamland I dated him for a few weeks. His name was Aaron. He even knew my godmother, which gave him about 57 bonus points. They knew each other by name so that meant he was a M.O.G. (man of God). I ended up falling for the guy because of how special he made me feel.

I looked past his physical appearance and focused on what was on the inside.

I know it was only a dream, but I took something meaningful from my subconscious vision. Although I'm not looking for a relationship, I may have to seriously reevaluate my standards/my type. Maybe going forward I won't be so quick to dismiss a guy who isn't as tall as I'd like, or as chocolatey as I would prefer.

There are some really nice guys out there who are looking for a woman like me who they can love, respect, provide for and protect...

Watch out fellas, I'm broadening my horizons...

Comments

Popular Posts