I'm Petty Pt.2

If you read my previous blog entitled "I'm Petty," you know how frustrated I was about the grade I received in my ECON class this past semester. Apparently there was an error on his behalf when turning in our final grades. He gave me a B plus instead of an A. 

After making a few phone calls and sending several emails to he and his department head, I finally got some answers. He was actually in Ukraine visiting his wife which is why I couldn't contact him. He acknowledged that he had in fact made an error. This was his first year teaching a hybrid course. He arrived back in the States yesterday, but I didn't want to bother him. So, I emailed him this morning.

When I read that email I smiled from ear to ear just like Dwight Howard. He said it was a simple process to change the grade, and that by the time I finish reading the email the grade should be changed. My response was a hooray in all caps, and a thank you. But I wasn't convinced by the email. I had to see it to believe it. 

I scrambled to my student account and proceeded to check my grades. Hallelujah!!! Just like that, I went from A,A,A-,B+ to A,A,A,A-. I went from a 3.75 GPA to a 3.916 GPA!! I was super dee duper excited!! I damn neared spun myself around in my office chair! It took everything in me to restrain myself from running through my office "screanging" (Screaming/Singing) Oh Happy Day!!!

I'm a Capricorn, we thrive off of achievement. I receive extreme satisfaction from things like graduating, earning straight A's, winning contests, etc. It boosts my self confidence, self esteem and self worth. I am so proud of myself for constantly achieving my goals! I respect myself for working hard, putting forth major effort, and following through with my commitments. I love seeing my name on plaques and awards. 

I can't wait to frame my Dean's List certificate. I can't wait to graduate at the top of my class. After all, I came in with a 3.21 GPA, and I plan on keeping up the good work for the duration of my time at Baldwin Wallace. Why not finish on top? Why not go out with a bang? Why not say thank you to my mentor, my SPROUT director, and all of the people who have helped me make it this far by achieving higher heights?

Complaining about my B+ may have seemed petty to some people. However, my professor and I both agree that my A was "well deserved." I feel like I'm in my prime. I feel like I can fly! And the beauty of it all is that it's only the beginning. Wait until I start accomplishing even bigger goals like being on the NY Times Best Seller's List. Or when I give my first Ted Talk. Or when I speak in front of audiences of over 1,000 people! I'm on fire right now! This girl is on fiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrreeeee!!!

What will you do today to ignite your flame?

Comments

Popular Posts