The Odyssey


Top 3 Reasons Why I Love Being A Writer:

1.) Expression/Freedom. When I write I can release all of my thoughts with no reservations, judgments, or red ink marks. This is my way of releasing my soul whether it's something seen as negative, or taken in a positive light. My thoughts, my words, my paper, my pen.

2.) Self-Improvement. The more I write, the better I become. I learn and use new words. I understand grammar and sentence structure, and I can make better edits. Of course this is a life long thing, there's always room for improvement no matter how many books I write.

3.) Entertaining others. There are some people who truly enjoy reading my work. When I see more and more views from you all on this blog, it inspires me to keep writing. I am motivated when I can elaborate on a subject that someone else is going through, bet she may or may not be able to express her thoughts as easily as I can. Writing makes me happy, and I thank you for encouraging me to write on!

I'm seriously a writer. I write poems, papers, essays, blogs, songs, notes, emails, speeches etc. Today I was interviewed for an internship position as a contributing writer for a nationwide online social content platform called Odyssey.

With my experience and persistence as a blogger, and my credentials as a published author, the interview wasn't long. The young editor hired me on the spot and told me my first article was due this Sunday, with a deadline at 3:00 pm.

I'll be writing in the lifestyle section. Since I'm an adult learner, I'll be similar to Dear Abby. I'll be giving the younger generation my advice and opinions about college life and other topics. I believe the millennials will appreciate my transparency and experience. Since the the writers' are only required to submit one article per week, I'll have plenty of time to reflect on the ups and downs of my life.

In addition to the potential for national exposure, I have the opportunity to serve my student body. My time is limited by the duties and responsibilities of motherhood. Therefore, I can't join a sorority or join a club. However, this internship gives me a chance to reach thousands of students on campus. It also allows me the availability to network with my peers online. I have access to all of the submitted articles and I plan on reading many of them.

As I was walking through campus on the way to my first work/study job, I was pondering about my content. Where have I drawn the words to fill up so many notebooks, diaries, 150 blogposts, a 69 page book, and innumerable speeches and poems? It's like my words are in abundance. I have a never ending supply of them.

I guess it's just so easy to draw inspiration from the world around me. I could write all day about so many different things. Colors, places, and especially love. However, for the Odyssey, I'll keep it editorial and geared towards advising the students under me.

I'm looking forward to sharing my thoughts and ideas. Hopefully, you'll check out my posts with the Odyssey too!

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts