My Second Book

I'm actively writing my second book. It's another non-fiction book about my own personal real life experiences. I'm heavily leaning on the title Raising Ryan, but I'm still not sure yet. As the picture states: "Writing a book isn't an easy process nor is it always enjoyable, but it is one of life's most satisfying achievements. I'm a Capricorn, I thrive off of achievement. I love adding accomplishments to my Curriculum Vitae. I am fulfilled when accomplishing personal goals. Therefore, I am thrilled to be currently chiseling away at my next book.

I've known for many years that I wanted to write many books. My next book will most likely be a fiction novel similar to those of Zane, Eric Jerome Dickey, and Omar Tyree. I want to write a book about parenting as well, for the support group I'll be starting later on down the line. I also want to publish a few children's books since my son loves to read. I know that eventually I'll have a NY Times Best Seller, but in the mean time I'll keep writing. After all, I already have 133 blog posts. That's a book right there.

My process of writing isn't organized. I don't sit down chapter by chapter, finishing each one during every session. I simply write down my memories and feelings related to a certain time frame. Once I become a more seasoned author, I'm sure I'll have a template to follow and deadlines to meet. Until then, I'll do it my way and go with my own flow.

My first book Shine Sistah Shine was published by a company called iUniverse. I enjoyed working with them, however they own my ISBN, and I'm getting practically nothing for the books that I sell. I chose to go with iUniverse because I didn't have the time or money to print, copy, bind, edit, and do the artwork for my book on my own. I don't regret my decision. However, this rime around I'll be more patient and shop my manuscript around to larger publishing companies. My plan is to get chosen by a large publishing company, sign a fat book contract, receive a nice advance of maybe 10 or 20 grand, go on a world wide promotional tour, sell a million copies, collect the royalties, and repeat.

I have enough life experiences and a lively imagination that will fill books for years to come. Writing and speaking are therapeutic for me. I can clearly express myself through my writing, especially when I write songs. Yep, I'm a songwriter too. I'm still improving my vocal skills by taking voice lessons at the Conservatory of Music at my school, and I'm starting to become more comfortable with my voice. The hardest part for me is singing in public, because I'm still not 100% confident. With practice I'll get there. I have some great songs that I'll be recording soon. I like them, and hopefully the listeners will too.

Making music is much different to me than writing a story or a poem. I love the feeling that I get when I hear the beat. I love how the words and emotions fill in the grooves of the music. Music is powerful. It's magical, and it touches lives like no other art form I've ever experienced. Music has so much influence on the emotions of its listeners. Certain songs can make you laugh, cry, angry, randy, focused, or excited. Of course, I have a bunch of love songs, but hey, love and I have a love/hate relationship and it works for us.

Any who, be on the look out for my new book coming soon to a bookstore near you. Maybe 2018, 2019 or 2020., Just know it's in the works. And don't forget to get your copy of my first book called Shine Sistah Shine which available now at Amazon.com, BarnesandNoble.com, iUniverse.com, on your Kindle, and at Mac's Bookstore on Coventry if you live in or near Cleveland Heights, Ohio. Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts