So There's This Guy...


My friends and family have heard me say this phrase year after year. This time I'm being a bit facetious. There's always some guy some where that's attractive to me. However, I've learned that some fantasies have no business in the real world. Therefore, this guy will remain my mental boy toy. Everyday I have something to look forward to, because we work together.

Today is the company Christmas party. I knew he'd be at work today, so I picked out my outfit last night. A black and white sweater dress, a tall pair of black leather boots complete with a black bow on the sides, and matching black and white jewelry decorating my wrist, finger, ears and neck. I have on my favorite matte lip gloss, and I smell like an exotic garden of summer flowers. I'll probably walk past his office 5 or 6 times accidentally on purpose to make sure he sees me. HA!

He's tall, dark and handsome. His smile is perfect; straight white bright teeth. He's clean cut, dresses professionally, and the smell of his Valentino cologne floats seductively behind his masculine steps. I often watch him when he's not looking, just to take in all of that beautiful chocolate-ness. I see why kids pick on one another when they like someone. It's like you don't know what to say, so you just irritate or annoy the other person to get his or her attention. Unfortunately, I can't go around punching my crushes. Instead, I try to make jokes, find similar interests to spark a conversation, or find a clever way to have a reason to stand closer to this magnificent creature.

It doesn't help that I have access to his Instagram and Facebook. That means I can look at his face at anytime throughout the day. But the pictures do him no justice. There's nothing like feeling the energy of a human in person. I can't smell a picture. Pictures don't capture the curve of that smile. A still image doesn't stimulate all of my senses. In person I can see him, smell him, hear his voice, touch him, and imagine the taste of his chocolate kisses.

We've hugged a few times. I melt when I can still smell his cologne on my blouse. The natural affect that a man has on a woman is beautiful. An organic attraction. I haven't said more than a full paragraph of words to him. I haven't even known of him for very long, just since August. I'll never tell him how I feel. There will be no love notes or poetry mysteriously left on his desk. No heart felt confessions of love, and no invites for Netflix and chill. But my mind has explored crevices of him that only his mama knows exists.

His dark brown skin is hypnotic. The length of his limbs is intriguing. Did I mention that perfect smile?

Comments

Popular Posts