Wearing Bloody Makeup





No, I'm not wearing makeup made out of blood. I used the word "bloody" like our British brothers and sisters use it when describing something slightly detestable. For example, "Those bloody Steelers will not beat the Browns this year." Or, "What in the bloody hell was that?" {Simon Cowell voice}.

I think makeup looks fabulous. I love seeing my face change after letting a professional makeup artist do his or her thang. However, I do not have a steady hand or the patience to meticulously apply makeup to my own face. But, change is good. I'll be entering the professional world soon and I want to look my best everyday. It's not like working at a grocery store where I'm forced to wear an ugly company shirt or an apron. In my career field  I may be on television often, and meeting with new clients regularly. Therefore, I want to look my best and leave a lasting first impression every time.

There's yet another versus that I've noticed amongst us women. The makeup wearing women vs. the women who don't wear makeup at all. I'm on both sides. When I stand before hundreds of people and deliver a speech, I always wear concealer, foundation, mascara and lipstick. When I walk as a model in a fashion show, makeup is mandatory. On the other hand, aside from some lip gloss, I don't go out everyday with a full face of makeup on.

I think it's great when women have beautiful makeup on everyday. They look pretty and flawless. It's really an art form. I also think it's great when women don't have on any makeup, and show their naturally gorgeous faces. It depends on the individual and what she likes to do. Personally, some days I wear it, some days I don't.

I do want to explore makeup a bit more now that I'm transforming into a full time professional woman. I want to learn how to contour my face, how to apply blush, and how to apply the dreaded eye shadows and liners. I hate eyeliner. It looks so pretty but IT BURNS!!!!! I wince whenever a makeup artist tells me to "look up." This one makeup artist (a guy), was so serious about his eye art. He gently lifted my chin, told me to look up, and told me that if I shed a tear he'd kill me LOL! Man, that stuff burns! I love those liner wings though honey, FIERCE!

I also dislike false lash strips. They feel so weird glued to my eyelids. And the horror of trying to get them off! UGH!! They do look so nice though, I feel like a supermodel with my long lashes. I bat my eyes and say "RIAR" in the mirror. It's ok.... I know I'm not the only one.

I'm going to start experimenting with new colors and products. I already love going to Ulta and seeing all of the makeup kits and colors. I was at Walgreens the other day, and they had this massive makeup clearance going on. I only bought one thing, but it was unfamiliar to me so I decided to try it. It was $2.49 which is right in my budget.  I purchased what is called a Shimmer Palette. It's Fergie's brand of makeup created by Wet n Wild. According to the label:

"This perfectly-coordinated baked trio delivers high-pigment in a wet-or-dry formula for a glowing, extra-reflective finish. Big girls don't shy away from a little sparkle."

I'm assuming that after I apply all of my other makeup, this stuff is the finishing touch? No clue. Oh well, I'm going to play around with it and have some fun. I'm sure I'll laugh at myself after the first few tries, but I'll get the hang of it.

I really have the basics down. I can do my own foundation, powder, mascara, and lips. I haven't mastered contouring or eye makeup yet. But thanks to my girlfriends' new product called Mine', I'll master those eye wings in no time!

How do you feel about makeup? Got any tips for me and other readers?

Comments

Popular Posts