Best of Both Worlds

For some strange reason, my son's father thinks I bad mouth him. It could be his insecurities or fear of karma. Whatever the reason may be, and for the record my son has an awesome dad. He has an awesome mom too. Both of his parents are great people.

Both of his parents are educated, well traveled, and extremely talented.

 His dad is all 6'7 and is a basketball legend over 3 continents. His dad has an eye for talent, and is an outstanding coach. My son has picked up so many fundamentals of basketball from his dad's teaching and he's barely even 3! They've built such a strong bond through basketball. I love seeing my son repeat the moves he learned from his dad. All of my son's athleticism and passion of the game of basketball is accredited to his dad.

Me on the other hand, I'm all about the books. I enforce the reading, the sight words, the educational television and DVDs, the manners and grammar. I want my son to be well educated so he can have the best opportunities to be successful in life. He's a natural though. He picks up on new material quickly and he regurgitates new information even quicker.

With both his dad and I being strong influences on two ends of the spectrum, he's bound to be well rounded. It's still early in my son's life, but I'm not worried about his future. He's disciplined, social, outgoing, friendly, talkative and cautious. He's becoming a good listener and he's learning about respect.

My son doesn't hit, kick, punch, bite, or spit on other children. He plays well in groups, and follows instructions well. He adapts to every situation he's in smoothly. He has a great memory, an extensive vocabulary, and high self confidence. This kid amazes me everyday and he's not even 3!

Sometimes it's hard for me to take credit for the excellence of my son. He is such a phenomenal boy. He's surely divine, and I'm still humbled that God chose me to be his mom.

My son has two magnificent parents. Although we were never married and are not currently in a relationship, we are devoted to pouring the best of ourselves into our son. Everything can be worked out when it comes to the betterment and success of our child.

Comments

Popular Posts