Find A Mentor

Today I met with my mentor for about an hour. I told her my plans, she told me her plans. She gave me some new projects and magazines. She also left me with some words of wisdom and encouragement. I love meeting with her. I always feel like I can conquer the world after we part ways.

I've been blessed with an amazing mentor. She's educated, professional, and wise. She's strong, independent and goal oriented. She's well known and respected in the city. She's a powerhouse. She's a beautiful wife and an outstanding mother. She's altruistic, compassionate and generous.

I have the perfect mentor for me. She gives me exactly what I need to reach my goals. She pushes me outside of my comfort zone and she sends many opportunities my way. She holds me accountable for all of my actions. She works in a field that is related to my future career field. Our personalities blend well and we love and respect each other.

I think everyone should have at least one mentor outside of the family. A mentor is someone who helps you figure out what you want to do in life. A mentor is there for you when you feel like giving up, or when you're having self doubts. A mentor is someone who gives you a great example to follow, especially when you feel lost.

A good mentor stays in contact with you more than once every few months. She genuinely cares about your well being. A good mentor makes sure you are following through with your goals and plans. She sincerely wants to help bring out the best in you. She looks out for your best interest, and she refuses to let you make excuses or make a fool of yourself.

She is mature, honest, and loving.

When you are on the road towards success you shouldn't go it alone. We all need that someone, or those somebodies to help support us along the way. During the high times when everything is going great, we need someone cheering us on telling us hire great we are.

During the tough times, we need someone telling us to not give up. Someone who can remind us of all the challenges we've come through. We need someone to remind us of our passion, purpose and power.

During the times we get lazy, we need someone to be real with us. A mentor will tell you flat out to get off your behind and pick up the pace.  She knows what you're capable of, she knows your potential. When you when she's winning.

I urge you to find a mentor. Find someone you truly look up to (outside of family). Make sure the person is doing what you'd like to do one day, or is in a related field of your interest. Don't shadow a doctor if you want to be an architect.

Make sure his or her values, morals and beliefs line up with yours. And make sure the two of you get along.

Having a mentor is one of the greatest feelings in the world. I'm sure you'll find a wonderful mentor too!

Comments

Popular Posts