Blah Blah Blogs

I have to be honest. I'm getting tired of writing these blogs everyday. And if I miss a day, like yesterday, writing two in one day. Some days I don't feel like writing. Some days I don't feel like sharing my writing. Being dedicated to something every single day takes discipline, especially when you're not seeing any results.

I'm glad I'm feeling this way though. I'm a firm believer that when pursuing a goal, things get challenging before a breakthrough. This reminds me of running a marathon. First you train, maybe a few weeks out of the year. You're excited and it's been a lifelong dream. You're confident, you know you can do it and you're mentally ready.

At the start of the race, your pace is steady and your energy is high. But as you approach the halfway mark, it seems as though your energy is fading. At mile 18, you're breathing heavily, your legs are weak, and you're asking yourself why you even wanted to run a marathon in the first place.

By mile 22 you're jogging slowly, but somehow steadily. At this point your body is exhausted and the last leg of the race is mental. At mile 26, you may be so fatigued that you feel like crawling. However, once the finish line becomes visible your energy level rises. Your adrenaline soars, and you successfully finish the race!!

My goal is 66 days, I think I'm close to 40. I'm a little over half way there. My most popular blog received 120 views, that's not very many. My a average number of views per blog is 10, again, not very many. Some days I ask myself, what is the point of this? Nobody is even reading these blogs, why should I keep wasting my time writing them???

My answer to myself is, it's a personal challenge. I write daily to prove to myself that I can commit and follow through with the plan. Even if I get only one view (Marlin Martin), the point is that I've gotten one post closer to reaching my goal.

I truly want to thank all of you who continue to support my blog. It motives me to see you all viewing and commenting (as complicated as it is). Thank you.

Each day is a day that I'm further from where I started, and nearer to where I want to be. Thanks again!

Comments

  1. As a fellow blogger, I completely understand this post. Keep writing!! I have found that each post I write touches someone in a different way. They don't always 'like' or comment on my posts, but they are reading. Be encouraged sistah, your readers are out here :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts