Worries

I wouldn't consider myself a worrier, but I do have trouble ignoring circumstances that are out of my control... Control freak? Maybe. We all have things that we worry about or things that make us anxious. Right now, the biggest worry for me is transportation. I don't have a vehicle at the moment. If you've read the past blogs you'd know that my precious little Nissan was totaled a few months back. I've just recently found employment, but at minimum wage, saving up for a car is virtually impossible.

So, I'm going to ask for a raise. There's no reason why I should be making so little money with so much education and experience. I've been doing retail for over 12 years and I'm outstanding and exemplary at what I do. I am a master of customer service, delivery flawless customer service to every customer, every time. I also have common sense and an Associates of Arts degree. I'll be pursuing a Bachelor's degree this fall. I'm over qualified and under paid.

I need to make more money PERIOD. But, the problem is, I have to have a job close to home because I do not have a vehicle. I need a job with flexible hours, and I need something that I'm not locked into long-term. That's why retail is so perfect. My job is a 7 minute walk away, I max out at 28 hours per week, and I can quit whenever I choose. The dilemma lies with the low wage. How can I ever save up for a car when my paychecks barely add up to the cost of the rent?

Worries... How will I be able to afford a car?? I need a car because my college is in Berea. I need a car because my son will have to go to daycare while I attend school and his dad goes to else's car won't work. Depending on someone else to give me a ride won't work. My Granny would always say to me, "God bless the child that's got his own." I want to be that child!!
work. The bus won't cut it. Borrowing someone

Instead of worrying I must ask myself this question: what are my options? Option 1- Save up for a car and go through a private owner. Option 2- Go through a dealership with a co-signer. Option 3- Wait until I save up for a car and then go to school in spring instead of fall. Option 4- Stop worrying about it, and let the Universe work it out benefiting my greater good.

Although we all go through bumps and bruises of life, doesn't it seem like things always work themselves out? Some door opens, you get a big break somehow, and you end up on top ultimately. I've not gone without before. Everything always works out for me. I'm sure this time will be no different...

I'll take door #4 Bob.


Comments

Popular Posts