Gay Day

 
Apparently, yesterday at Cedar Point was “Gay Day." It was awesome! Not because of all the gay and lesbian couples walking hand in hand up the Midway, but because the park was basically empty!! There were no long lines and practically no waiting! Plus, it was Father's Day, so most Americans were at church then at dinner with their Dads. That made the park less busy.

We didn't even know it was Gay Day. I mean we noticed a lot of gay couples, but we didn't think much of it. As we were waiting in line to ride my favorite ride, Millennium Force, we were talking about how quiet the park was. A couple waiting in line behind us overhead us, and explained that it was Gay Day. They said that a few years back they came to the park not knowing it was Gay Day. But the park was almost empty, and they were able to enjoy all the rides, so now they come every year specifically on Gay Day.

I may do the same. When I tell you we were able to ride EVERYTHING with little to no wait, I'm not exaggerating. We even ride Millennium Force 3 times! The second time we rode, we got off then got right back in line and rode again in less than 10 minutes! We rode the newest ride called Rougarou, with no long wait. We got on the Magnum, Gatekeeper, Maverick, Gemini, and a few other attractions with little to no waiting.

We saw a show at one of the theaters too. In all of my years of going to Cedar Point, and even working there for a few months, I'd never seen any shows before. This show was called Bandstand U.S.A. There were singers and dancers covering Motown and Rock n Roll hits from the 60's and 70's. The music came from cities like Detroit, Philly, Memphis and New York City. Their costumes were amazing, and their voices were outstanding. I really had fun watching the show. And best of all, the tickets to any site are included in the admission, so no extra charge!

In addition to the fast lines and free shows, the weather was perfect. When we first arrived, there was a short, light rainfall but it cleared up after a few minutes. Then it was all sun and fun! It wasn't scorching hot, but the sun was beaming at close to 80 degrees. It was the perfect day at Cedar Point.

I even got a taste of Hollywood, at Pink's Hot Dog Stand. All the time I was in L.A I'd never once visited Pink's. I'd heard about it, seen it on Food Network, and had even drove past it several times. So when I saw it at Cedar Point I had to give it a try. It was delicious! I didn't get a hot dog, but those bacon cheese fries hit the spot. Cedar Point keeps getting better and better every year!

I can't wait to go back for Halloweekends in the fall. I'll be sure to choose a night that's as quiet as Gay Day.

If you're not homophobic or feel uncomfortable around gay and lesbian couples, consider going to Cedar Point on Gay Day. I guarantee you'll have one of the best times of your life!

Comments

Popular Posts