Set Your Surroundings

On my walls, I have positive pictures, words and paintings to inspire and motivate me. I'd like to share some of these positive things with you.

The other day I bought two new pictures. One was about life. It says, "LIFE Above ALL Enjoy It TAKE RISKS regret is far worse than failure ACCEPT YOURSELF AS YOU ARE BE GRATEFUL." 

The other picture is black and white. It shows a long pier bridge stretching far out into the ocean. These pictures correlate to one another, so I'm going to hang them up next to one another. Isn't life kind of like an endless bridge expanding far beyond the eye can see?

My absolute favorite picture hanging on my wall is the black framed picture of the words, "Follow Your Dreams." It is a constant reminder for myself to keep chasing my dreams everyday no matter what. 

I also have an anger management guide. I wrote down three tips to help manage my actions when I become angry. #1. When you are angry DON'T SIN, don't do anything you'll later regret. #2. Don't let the sun go down on your anger. Don't go to sleep angry, be the bigger person and apologize. #3. Don't leave the door open for bitterness to creep in. Don't reread the old texts, don't answer the call, don't read the inboxed messages on facebook. When you're anger has subsided, just let it all go.

Underneath that, there's the list of 20 Habits For Success. 
#1. Invest in Yourself. 
#2. Be Curious... About Everything. 
#3. Surround Yourself With "Better" People. 
#4. Never Eat Alone. 
#5. Take Responsibility For Your Losses. 
#6. Understand The Power of "Leverage." 
#7. Take No Days Off Completely. 
#8. Focus On Experiences vs. Material Possessions. 
#9. Take Enormous Risks. 
#10. Don't Go It Alone. 

#11. Recognize The Value Of Simple Ideas.
#12. Be Patiently Impatient.
#13. Be Gritty.
#14. Develop Great Oratory Skills.
#15. Grow Thick Armor-Plated Skin.
#16. Connect With People Outside Your Community.
#17. Over Communicate Your Message.
#18. Learn To Laugh At Yourself.
#19. Be Great At One Thing First.
#20. Know A Higher Power.

Super Duper Inspiration! I like to use a rainbow designed duct tape when placing sheets of paper on my walls. The tape makes me happy :-). 

Next to the 20 Habits For Success, I have the My Attitude promise. It goes like this:

I promise myself 
...to be so strong so that nothing can disturb my peace of mind.
...to talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person I meet.
...to make all my friends feel that there's something special about them.
...to look at the sunny side of everything and make optimism come true.
...to think only of the best, to work only for the best and expect only the best.
...to be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as I am about my own.
...to forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
...to wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature I meet a smile.
...to give so much time to the improvement of myself that I have no time to criticize others.
...to be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the pressures of trouble.

MY ATTITUDE IS MY LIFE!

With so much positivity soaring through the air in my apartment, it's truly become a peaceful and joyous space. I don't know much about Feng Shui, but I do know that there is nothing but tranquil and positive energy flowing in and around my place and my space. I keep my apartment clean and free of clutter. Although it's not the biggest or the most fancy place, it's mine and I call it home. We can create a place a peace and serenity in our homes, just by adding a few simple touches here and there. And by uniquely decorating our spaces with photos, inspirational words and colors that make us feel calm.

What will you do to make your space more inspiring and peaceful? 

Comments

Popular Posts