Everything Is Working Together For My Good

You can't see much during a storm. The sky is dark gray and covered with thick swollen cumulonimbus clouds. The wind is controlling your body, and you can barely walk upright and in a straight line. The rain and hail are pouring down in torrents, and beating down on your body like an enraged polar bear. You can barely see a foot in front of you, let alone yards out into the distance. All you can do is keep walking blindly towards what you think is the way out. 

Eventually, the clouds disperse. The hail stops, and the rain lets up. One day you look up, and you see the golden sun burning through the gray horizon. Then, all of a sudden it's a beautiful still sunny day. The wind is calm and blows gentle breezes across your moist face. There's even a rainbow wrapped across the sky like a perfectly tied Christmas bow. Despite the horrid storm you just walked out of, all you can see is the beauty of the harmonious rainbow and sun. 

Even though we don't know why certain things happen to us, everyone knows that everything happens for a reason. EVERYTHING happens for a reason. The loss of a job, the end of a loving long term relationship, the death of a child, an unexpected car accident, anything tragic that we go through is for a reason. My friend Tru always says, "There is no such thing as coincidence, only providence." Should we tap into the unbreakable depths of the human spirit, we will only get stronger from what we go through.

I can see clearly now that the rain is gone. I can see that I needed to go through everything I went through. It's all working together for my good. It's just a test. Similar to "Test Your Might" in the very first Mortal Kombat video game. Tests build your faith, your wisdom and your strength. Since neither of us have our lives mapped out in front of us, we do not know the obstacles ahead. It's like in the newer version of the Karate Kid. Mr. Miyagi kept making the little boy pick his jacket up and hang it up. The little boy was getting so frustrated because he didn't know what the teacher was preparing him for.

Personally, I've asked the Universe for some major stuff. I've asked to be in front of audiences of tens of thousands of people across the world and speak life into them. I've asked for at least 10 NY Times Best Selling Books, and I've asked to be one of the world's best spoken word artists. How can I relate to thousands of different people globally, if I can't relate to their experiences?

How can I gain respect from a divorced woman if I've never been married or divorced? How can I encourage that mom whose baby is in ICU with cancer, if I've never sat in PICU with my baby? How can I touch that impoverished lost teenage girl if I was never her? My mission is to change the world one word at a time. I can now use the same words I've actually written or spoken to complete that mission. No struggle, no progress. I know we can't see the purpose of the hardships, but they are working together for the greater good of our destiny.

William Murphy put it like this:


This is my season for grace for favor
This is my season to reap what I have sown
This is my season for grace for favor yeah
This is my season to reap what I have sown

See, I haven't been perfect, but I sure been faithful
See, God's got a purpose yes, and I know He's able
I've got a seed in the ground, that He's blessing no more stressing
I've got a seed in the ground, now I know Him I can show Him

This is my season for grace (for grace) for favor (for favor)
This is my season (to reap what I have sown)
This is my season for grace for favor
This is my season to reap what I have sown

Everything is working together for my good
Everything is working don't feel good (together for my good)
Everything is working together (together) for my good (for my good)
Everything is working together (together) for my good (for my good)

Comments

Popular Posts