The Biggest Speech Of My Life

Wow... Today I delivered the biggest speech of my life and I knocked it out of the park! I gave the commencement speech at my high school Alma Mater Collinwood. Although there were only about 60 graduates, I'm sure I inspired at least 1 or two of them. There was ample support from parents and loved ones, and the energy level of the audience was high. It felt so good to give back to my school and my community.

The moment felt so right. I felt like it had already been written down in the book of life. I felt like I had reached a checkpoint in my destiny. It was like I was supposed to be there, at that time, in that place, speaking those words, to each individual in attendance. It felt like I was there on purpose. Not by chance, not because of luck, but because that moment was predestined just for me. When I left the auditorium and walked into my house, I felt like I had just gotten off work- in a good way. Today was a day that I did what I love to do. Today was yet another confirmation that my purpose is to be the Ladybug Speaker.

My speech was about passion, purpose, and power.  I challenged the graduates to find their passion. To figure out the one thing they enjoy doing the most, then attach it to a purpose. A purpose is the reason behind the passion. Why are you doing what you're doing? Are you helping someone? Are you filling a need? Finally, once you find your passion, and attach it to a purpose, then you then use your power to acheive your dreams and change the world. I told them that the power lies within. I know they believe that, and I'm sure they all will go on to do great things.

The class President even shook my hand and told me she loved me! I was so humbled! A few of the other female graduates recognized me from a Girl Power event I spoke at a few weeks ago. That made me happy. It's good that I'm becoming known among the young people. There were some girls who greeted me by saying "Hey Ladybug!" That made me smile from ear to ear. :-) Yes indeed, I've found my passion, which led me to my purpose, which has unleashed my power.

Since reaching this long-term goal, I've vowed to always be prepared for every opportunity that the Universe sends my way from now on. No more half stepping, no more excuses. All I have to do is continue to put the work in, whether it's 5 minutes or 5 years in the making. I've dreamed of today for over 5 years and it finally came to pass. Dreams do come true. Success is waiting, with energy and patience. 

Comments

Popular Posts