Fun Week!

Breaking the monotony makes life more fun and exciting! What have you done lately to shake things up? Did you change your hair? Did you buy a new tie? Maybe you took the scenic route to work last week, or tried a new flavor of ice cream. Most of us follow daily routines that we can go through in our sleep. This week, I wanted to spice things up a bit.

I decided that my son and I would stay at the Ronald McDonald House (RMH) for the remainder of his radiation treatments. He'll be complete next Monday, and I wanted his last week to be full of fun. The RMH "supports families whose children receive treatment at area medical centers by providing a home-like environment and essential resources and services," according to the Welcome Book located in my room. There are so many things for Ryan to do here, that he can't do trapped in our tiny apartment.

There's a play room, an outdoor playground, a Nintendo Wii, books, blocks, movies, television, and other children for Ryan to play with. We have two beds in our private room, a bathroom, a flat screen television with cable, and a mini fridge. There's a computer room, a family lounge, a free laundromat, an activity center and a conference room. There's also a full kitchen where community groups come in and prepare free meals for the families. This place is awesome and inexpensive.

The cost per night is $20, however, they don't turn families away who can't afford to pay the cost. They just ask for a small donation at the end of your stay. 

My son deserves to have endless amounts of fun after all he's been through. I'm dedicating this week to him. I'll be running, chasing, throwing balls, putting on puppet shows, and doing all the exhausting toddler things he loves to do. I've prayed for extra patience and extra energy this week, because that boy can play hard for hours and hours on end. 

I love my little guy, and we are going to enjoy this week of fun here at RMH. Then next week it's back home to try and readjusted to normalcy, after spending day after day at the hospital.

It's his nap time, so I'd better get some rest too. It's going to be a busy week!

Comments

Popular Posts